Saturday, July 26, 2008

Book Worm and "Two Hands and a Half"




Like mother, like daughter. Here's a snapshot of one of the things we like to do together in the summer- go to the library. Sadie completed one book sheet already and earned herself some stickers and a free meal at OLD COUNTRY BUFFET! Woo hoo! OCB- here we come! She picked out some more books, and especially likes books about doctors and dentists. (She seems to be very frightened of these people in real life situations, but is captivated by the pictures in the books.) She also likes laughing out loud when mommy reads Junie B. Jones books to her. Sometimes Phil joins in and reads the "boy" parts and that's always a crowd pleaser, too. Sadie's also said this a couple times and I want to write it down before I forget it: When I asked her a few days ago if she could take her suitcase down the stairs she replied "I can't, Mommy. I only have two hands and a half!" Then she said it again when I asked her to pick up her toys and take them to the toy room! I don't know what it means,and apparently it hinders her and makes it nearly impossible to complete her chores, but I was thinking that life would be so much easier if this mother had two hands and a half!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I think "Two Hands and a Half" would make a wonderful children's book! Get busy, you two. And I'm glad to say, Like Grandmother, Like Mother, Life Daughter! It won't be long before SADIE is reading to MOMMY. There's nothing like snuggling together with a good book....wish Grandmother and Grandfather could be there to read to Sadie, too.

Keogh's Korner said...

Ahh...I'd like to have 2 hands and a half too. Tell me if you figure that out so I can get in on it. :) Glad to see you are having a great summer...I am home in the cities next week, so let's get together.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sadie,

Tell your Mom to update the blog!

Love, San Frannies