Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moving to the McDermott Christmas...






Houston. We have a problem. Jill bought a delicious ham and was ready to prepare some side dishes. Kelly had the potatoes under control. Lois made pies to die for. I brought the hors d'ourves. And no one ate anything... because they were pooping... and puking. The flu hit the McDermott family hard this year, and after postponing Christmas for one day, we found that while some infected family members were on the mend, others were struck down with the virus. We opened presents quickly. Sean and Lois got on the road (hoping Sean would be able to make it.) Kelly, Kevin and Ireland went back home to nap and try to beat the nasty bug. While Sadie, Phil and I stayed, Lysoled the whole house with Cullen and Jill and played American Idol with Sadie's new karaoke machine from C and J. Sadie did a great rendition of "I'm not gonna' write you a love song" and I sang Sheryl Crow's "Favorite Mistake." Cullen tried out a few pieces, one being Taylor Hicks' "Do I make you proud?" and Jill sang "How Do I Live" right to Cullen. Phil, however, brought the house down with the Tim Mahoney version of "Don't Stop Believin'."

Tomorrow, tune in for a little Trimont Christmas, and later, you'll have a New Year's to remember with Cass, Cam, Paige and Natalie. You won't want to miss it!

No comments: